Sunday, May 8, 2011

Add caption

I have to admit I've never been a fan of digital photo manipulation techniques. For a long time I was a purist. A believer in the sanctity of the unadulterated image. This I believe came out of my disdain of digital cameras and my love of film. I know for the majority of folks image manipulation isn't even a second thought; for me it took awhile to decide if I was going to edit or manipulate any of  the images on this blog. Since I am obsessive and constantly ruminate over every little thing in my life i did allot of thinking on this subject. As I was thusly ruminating on the subject I started thinking about my other obsession.: Film. For many film makers editing is one of the most important steps in the film making process. Only in editing is the story fully realized. Art by its nature is manipulation and calculation, whether you only used unadulterated forms or you manipulate media for your own ends its all manipulation. Its all created to illicit a response. Me not wanting to manipulate my images was in fact its own brand of manipulation. Anyways long story short. Here's some pictures that are manipulated in the editing phase. All are taken with a Pentax K. Two on fuji velvia 60 and two on Revologs Rasp film.

No comments:

Post a Comment